Grandtully Prem / Div 1 in April – Race Officially Cancelled

It is with great sadness that we must now confirm the full cancellation of the planned Prem/Div1 event previously scheduled to take place in April at Grandtully.

Despite the valiant efforts of the organisers, volunteers from across the community, and the multiple offers of support already received, the SCA have tonight confirmed that the decision to withhold approval of the event is final and that this will not be subject to change.

Hopefully though all is not lost. As a community we will continue to work hard to get top level slalom racing back on to the Grandtully Rapids at the earliest opportunity. Tonight, the race organisers, members of the BC Slalom Committee, and I (on behalf of the Slalom community in Scotland), met informally and talked through whether a replacement race weekend could be considered for later in the year. The relevant groups will need to come together to work through things properly before anything more can be announced. There was tonight, however, a sense of optimism that a new date can be agreed, and a race weekend scheduled and agreed. Watch this space!

In the meantime, thanks to all who have stuck with us as we tried to find a way through, apologies for those who had planned to attend. We remain hopeful that slalom can return to Grandtully very soon see many of you back there in the very near future.

Owen Inglis Humphrey – temporary convenor of the “Canoe Slalom Community Council” in Scotland